Measures against the novel Coronavirus disease infection at Shizuoka University and Shizuoka Prefecture
Based on the news from Shizuoka University Health Care Center on 2020/2/20 and Shizuoka Prefectural Government Facebook on 2020/2/18.
I. Daily health management for COVID-19 Infection Control at Shizuoka University
1. Thoroughly carry out basic infection control measures such as hand washing and cough etiquette.
Make sure to sleep well, exercise properly, and have a balanced diet to boost immune strength.
2. If you have a cold such as fever
Please take a break from university, refrain from non-essential outings such as participating in events, to recuperate at home.
Fill out “Check sheet” (PDF) for your health observation every day.
II. Consultation center for the people with potential COVID-19 exposure
If you suspect that you have symptoms of COVID-19, please consult the 'Consultation center for the people with potential 2019-nCOV exposure.'
These centers have been set up at the Public Health Centers within the prefecture in order to accurately link those with suspected coronavirus symptoms and 'people with potential 2019-nCOV exposure.' Telephone consultation services will be provided.
a. Cold-like symptoms or fever 37.5 degrees or above for at least 4 days
b. Severe fatigue (lethargic) or shortness of breath (breathing difficulties)
* For the elderly or those with pre-existing conditions, if the symptoms above continue for two days or more
For those with these kind of symptoms, please contact the following 'Consultation center for the people with potential 2019-nCOV exposure' in charge of your residential area as listed in the table attatched. (Those who can speak Japanese)
* For those who cannot speak Japanese, please call 'CAMELLIA: Shizuoka Assistance Centre for Foreign Residents' at 054-204-2000 from Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm and consult 'CAMELLIA' staffs.
Multilingual staffs are stationed at CAMELLIA. (If they are not available on that day, an external interpretation service will be used)
(Portuguese: Tue, Fri) (Spanish: Tue, Fri)
(Filipino: Mon, Fri) (Chinese: Mon, Wed)
(Vietnamese: Tue, Thurs) (Indonesian: Wed, Thurs)
(English: Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri) (Korean: 2nd & 4th Wed)
Those without symptoms, or those with general enquiries about the coronavirus, please call the Shizuoka Government consultation hotline at 054-221-8560. (Those who can speak Japanese)
* Those who cannot speak Japanese, please call 'CAMELLIA: Shizuoka Assistance Centre for Foreign Residents' at 054-204-2000 from Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm and consult CAMELLIA staffs.
III. When participating in events or events where many people gather
If you have a cold-like symptom, do not participate and try to practice cough etiquette and wash your hands.
IV. When you go to a medical institution
1. Please visit the medical institution recommended by the Consultation center for the people with potential 2019-nCOV exposure (health center).
2. When consulting a medical institution for any other reason, be sure to consult with the medical institution by phone before visiting, and wear a mask and do not use public transportation when visiting.
Consultation Desk in Shizuoka Prefectural Government Office 054-221-8560 (weekdays from 8:30am to 5pm)
Phone number: 0120-565653 (toll free) Hours: 9am to 9pm (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays are available)
Shizuoka Prefecture "Consultation center for the people with potential 2019-nCOV exposure" (Health Center)
Shizuoka City Public Health Center 054-249-2221 Reception hours: 24 hours (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays are available)
Consultations other than the new coronavirus: 054-249-3172 Reception hours: 8:30am - 5:15pm (weekdays)
Hamamatsu City Public Health Center 053-453-6118 Reception hours: 24 hours (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays are available)
Shizuoka University Health Care Center
Shizuoka Support Office: 054-238-4468 @ hokekan @ adb.shizuoka.ac.jp
Hamamatsu Support Office: 053-478-1012 @ hokehama @ adb.shizuoka.ac.jp